Friday, November 18, 2016

Planning the next semester

POSSE workshop, Friday Nov 18, Exercise for planning the upcoming semester.

1) First three things I want to accomplish in my course (491a in Spring 2017)

  • Teach github version control and issue tracking (intro and use tools in lab)
  • Reengineering (and maybe later) refactoring requirements and design documents from roadmap, documentation, and issue tracker (lead, Nanette interested in this)
  • Contributing to code and/or documentation in repository (plenty of documentation on this in foss2serve wiki)

2) Three things I need to do at POSSE to continue working when I get home
  • Find sparring partner
  • Select a project
  • Define a plan, milestones and action items
3) Next three things I need to do when I get home

  • In detail description of required student preparation and the activities (as in pogil.org)
  • Email class with detailed preparation plan
  • Set up surveys (reuse existing standard to contribute to existing data collection, lead by Grant Braught)

No comments:

Post a Comment